Join Institute Staff
The Institute for Compassionate Leadership is seeking a Marketing and Operations Intern
Marketing and Operations Intern Job Description
The Institute for Compassionate Leadership empowers the next generation of socially conscious,
self-aware and compassionate leaders by educating classes of Millennial-generation aspiring
change-makers in a wide variety of disciplines including meditation, community organizing, and
traditional leadership skills, ultimately finding students meaningful employment upon program
completion. In the six months with the Institute students receive:
• Executive coaching
• Mentorship from experienced change-makers
• Our in-depth authenticity training program
• Placement in meaningful social change work
Institute for Compassionate Leadership training fully equips tomorrow’s leaders as they meet
worldwide challenges and strive to shape a better and brighter future for our world.
The Marketing and Operations Intern reports directly to the Executive Director. As
the institute is in its first year the intern will gain in-depth exposure to a wide range of aspects
of starting a business. This is a great opportunity for social entrepreneurs with an interest in
mindfulness or spirituality.
The Marketing and Operations Intern will be exposed to such things as fund-raising, Board
development, web and social media build outs.
The work includes:
- meeting with similar organizations to forge lasting partnerships for the institute
- building out a social media presence for the company on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube,
- working with a professional web developer to launch their distance learning platform
- serving as a liaison for the institute to certain publicity, press, and recruiting events
- research on potential donor organizations
- helping develop the standard operating procedures for the institute
Knowledge & Skills
The chosen candidate will be professional, thoughtful, and authentic. She or he should be
capable of initiating and maintaining strong personal relationships. They should possess self-
initiative; basic instructions, deadlines, and goals will be set, but it will be up to the Marketing
and Operations Intern to figure out how to complete assigned tasks.
Compensation may be considered for the appropriate candidate, although this internship includes
a higher level of autonomy and learning than larger corporations. Invaluable work experience;
resume and references outstanding.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the Executive Director,
Lodro Rinzler, at firstname.lastname@example.org